blablabla


2/28/2013

I Got A Liebster (Yes, it's Denglish)

The Liebster award is one of those fantabulous blogger prizes given by bloggers to bloggers. Thank you Chris Kelworth for awarding me with it. Chris is a writer, a fellow Weekend Writing Warrior and a diligent blogger. Wheew, you're quite the busy bee! I think I have to award you with an Emsig; if there only was such a thing. :) I read up on the Liebster; it apparently derives from a German blogger tradition, given to "liebsten blogs" meaning "dearest" or "favorite" blogs. Awww. I'm touched. Thank you Chris. Now, in perfect Liebster tradition, I will answer 11 questions, and share 11 facts about myself.


1. Do you believe in ghosts/aliens/the supernatural? 
No, but I believe in axe murderers, rapists and mean people, hiding in the shadows out there to get me. I think I'd rather believe in aliens or a friendly little ghost...

2. Why do you blog?
I think I have stuff to say, interesting stuff. Yes, I think my brain is spectacular. And that's an understatement. Love youus, Frontal lobe!!

3. What's your favorite book series?
Hands down - His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. It's a shame that only The Golden Compass was made into a movie. I think it's one of the best fantasy series ever written.

4. If you could interview one celebrity, who and what would be your million dollar question?
The late Christopher Hitchens (on being brilliant): Is it lonely up there?

5. Pet Peeves? 
OK, I had to look up what that means. There are things I find annoying in other people, but mostly these are all things I am myself guilty of, like eating noisily, driving stupidly, or being a pain.

 6. Favorite Magazine?
The one and only magazine I ever subscribed to from mid to end 80's: Garfield!

7. Will you give me 100 $?
I'm flattered that you'd think me upper class. Stuff I could give you instead: A can of beans, a PEGI folder and/or a sparkling cat sticker.

8. Do you play any instruments?
I wish I did. Gave up playing my Bontempi organ career decades ago. And I didn't have the nerves to fully commit to learning the guitar.

9. What is the worst book you ever read?
Maybe this one.

10. What's with all the cats?! 
My cats are my children. Now leave me alone.

11. How's that 100 $ coming along?
Didn't you like the sparkling cat sticker?



+11 random facts you never wanted to know

I'm a teeth grinder - at night my mouth becomes a grain mill. I wonder what it grinds. Story bits, hopefully.

I once tried saving the world - me and some friends of mine reported a local drug dealer to the police when we were teens.

I'm a movie nut - I like to dissect acting and story. Loudly. That's why I rarely go to cinemas. I'm banned for life.

I'm a spiritual sponge - the bathroom is my place of inspiration.

I'm shy - I don't like to use my phone in public.

I'm a woman - but there was a time when I thought I resembled a dog.

I'm German - born and raised.

I can be a bit of a stalker, I was when I met my husband - Hey, I just met you. And I am crazy. Got your number: will call you daily.

I prefer audiobooks to books, for the simple fact that I like being read to.

I get Tobey Maguire and Elijah Wood confused on a regular basis. I think they share more than a similarity in demeanor, I bet it's the exact same whiny DNA!!

➊➊ I don't have 100 Dollars.


As you may know I do have my very own special tagging tradition for awards. We should all have fun doing these things and be free and willing to participate, not feel forced due to being nominated. If you read this, and you haven't gotten a Liebster award - consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Dana. Thanks for sharing all this great stuff about you! A lot of your answers and facts made me laugh. :) But I admit I'm a little confused - you didn't use any of the questions I asked! Some of the questions you answered were the same ones I answered for my Liebster, and some of them I don't really recognize; did you find them when searching for more info on the Liebster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris! Oh no, I did this all wrong...I asked none of your questions. Sorry! I feel bad now and a little stupid for not noticing that the questionnaire varies in each round. Well, that also reduces my "tagging" to absurdity, doesn't it.. I think I want to try this again, are there Liebster do-overs? :)

    ReplyDelete