blablabla


4/14/2013

Weekend Writing Warriors: Dog In Tow



Hey there, warriors, and welcome to this week's wewriwa. Let's just jump right back in where we left off last Sunday. Artie has just met a woman, who asks him to take her dog Cabby with him on his journey to Wales. He has good reasons to say no....





He didn't want or need any of that. With a dog in tow, every part of his journey would become more difficult. "What's wrong with your dog? Why would you want to get rid of it?" The dog gave a whimper, as if taking offense at the implication. The woman's eyes were hidden behind dark shades, but Artie could feel her glare. "I don’t want to part with him" she said, breathing heavily, "but this is what I am supposed to do."





Cabby the dog, as sketched by me


10 comments:

  1. I'm SO fascinated by this story and why she has to give him the dog. Terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is a particularly fascinating part. Me, I might just mumble "sorry" and run off, because this is a weird encounter! But heck, I'd be worried about the dog so I'd come back, lol!

    Cute drawing, too. How could Artie refuse that face??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by why she's supposed to give up her dog. Interesting excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm hooked. Just enough mystery to make me sit up and start asking questions. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No! I hope she doesn't have to give up on her dog. I'm intrigued by what might be happening that a dog would be a disadvantage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued by why she has to give up the dog. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is good!! I like it, Dana. I'm hooked. :-)

    Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite a mystery unfolding. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete