blablabla


10/06/2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Grave Goods


http://sixsunday.com/


Huzzah Sunday Sixers! Today it's back to the usual length and format of the Six Sentence Sunday snippets. And this week also, I'll crack open Chapter 4 of The Days Adrift, my story about three girl-fugitives at sea, running from the turmoil of war and the crime they committed. This is what happened ->last time. Let's move on forward to part #9. Feel free to share your thoughts, any thoughts! :)


4.

"You're doing a great job, girl," Tams says, leaning over the keel to rinse one of the empty water bottles. 
"Do you think we will make it?" It does sound incredibly small and stupid, now that I say it out loud. Tams looks at me bleakly, in calm defeat. No, of course not.  
She grabs the bloodstained hammer from under the plastic cover, dumps it in the water and watches as it sinks into the abyss; already cleaning up for the ship burial, aren't we?


9 comments:

  1. Uh oh, I don't know where that bloodstained hammer came from, but I suspect it can't be good. Fascinating six this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, the ominous hammer is mentioned in the prologue. You can read up on it here on my blog if you like, it's the tab "The Days Adrift (WIP)". Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. the hammer probably isn't good. Nice six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a bad hammer - but if I was Tams, I still wouldn't have dropped it to the bottom of the ocean. You never know when a hammer might come in handy. :) Thank you Elaine.

      Delete
  3. great six, Dana!! this story becomes more Intense by the week. I mulled over last weeks post and I think It just lost Its voice for a bit. nothing major.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel, yes, I think you may be right with your assessment there..I think I overedited. Nasty habit of mine. :) But with the plot thickening, I should get back on track, I hope.

      Delete
  4. great six, Dana!! this story becomes more Intense by the week. I mulled over last weeks post and I think It just lost Its voice for a bit. nothing major.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice way of creating tension here, and the characters are spirited and intriguing. Great six, Dana!

    ReplyDelete